Do you have a favorite recipe from childhood?
Can/will you share it?
Do you ever watch movies or TV series based in the time period of the Second World War? If so, which do you find to be the most accurate?
Where did you live after the war ended?
Have you received any medals for serving in the army?
What was your job before you joined an army and after the war ended?
Is there a point in your life, a moment, conversation or so on, that you consider to be the middle of the book that is your life? Sort of a moment where everything is either before or after that moment. And thank you for your service sir.
Thanks for doing this, sir.
1) Do you know what happened to any of the other members of your family?
2) While you were with the SOE, if your landlady asked what you were doing to help with the war effort, what would you have said? I assume you couldn't just say it openly!
3) What did you find most difficult when you arrived in England?
Thank you for this AMA.
What has been the largest change in society that you have noticed in your life time? And do you think the newer generations don't fully understand the magnitude of WWII?
When did you realize the grave reality of what the Nazi's were doing? What tipped you off?
What was your reaction to the bombs being dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki?
Thanks for doing this.
1. How did you escape?
2. Prior to the war, from your perspective, what was the feeling? Did everyone sort of know it was going to happen? Was it like North Korea right now?
3. If you like sports, what sort of sports were big back then in England?
Good luck on the book!
Did you experience any anti-semitism in England when you first arrived or during the war?
As an Austrian who lives just south of Vienna: Did you ever return to Vienna? If yes, what kimds of changes did you notice?
1) What do you think of the world today?
2) How did you manage to survive mentally after WWII?
3) Do you think there is going to be another world war soon?
Kind of an off the wall question but:
At 97 yrs old, is there anything from your childhood that you still enjoy today?