Nope. Brushing dislodges food in a manner that simply swishing mouthwash never could. Food stuck in the natural nooks and crannies of your teeth provides the perfect shelter, diet, and breeding ground for those bacteria
No matter how much you swish, you aren't gonna get everything. 3 things will be left behind:
1) live bacteria and sporified bacteria. Killing 99% of germs is fine, but they will grow back exponentially from their small numbers.
2) food particles, which help the bacteria grow back.
3) biofilms and plaque. Both allow more bacteria to survive the rinsing process, and the increased surface area allows faster bacterial growth and more places for food tho get trapped.
On top of this, food'll get stuck in your gums, which will cause the gums to swell, which seals off the food and bacteria from the most ardent of brushing. So say hello to "the gym disease, gingivitis".
No. Plaque bacteria form and live within a very effective protective system called a biofilm. Think of it like a protective little eco dome where something like Listerine will damage the outside but not those hungry bacteria living in the dome. Once a biofilm has formed, Listerine is close to useless. To deal with a biofilm, you need to get in and mechanically disrupt it i.e. with a toothbrush, floss or an interdental brush. Despite what you may have seen, mouthwashes at best will help slightly slow the formation of a biofilm, it is next to useless once it's formed.
No, because of a thing called biofilms. This is basically where the bacteria all band together and try to protect each other against anything that would try to remove them. Mechanical abrasion (ie brushing and flossing) interrupts the biofilm while swishing with mouthwash isn't able to.