First off, why is "botanika.life" even linked in /r/science?
Second, did people actually read the [abstract](https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0955395917303389
) of the study?
>Compared to no cannabis use in the past 6 months (51%), non-medical cannabis use (28%) was associated with a higher adjusted odds of using stimulants (Adjusted Odds Ratio [AOR] = 4.34[...]) and opioids (AOR = 3.81[...]). **Compared to no cannabis use, medical cannabis use (21%) was not significantly associated with stimulant or opioid use.** Compared to non-medical cannabis use, however, medical cannabis use was associated with lower adjusted odds of using stimulants (AOR = 0.42, 95% CI: 0.18–0.96).
Basically the study says that medical cannabis use is connected to a reduced use of hard drugs, only compared to recreational cannabis use, not compared to no cannabis use, and they don't find any kind of causation.