My quite wealthy grandfather was paying 8 dollars for a gallon of milk from a nearby gas station out of convenience. He said he assumed it was the price everywhere.
"Free upgrades to windows 10 for everyone!"
I was just at a grocery store and I would have failed this test. Not as badly as he would have with no help, but still.
meanwhile his personal grocery shopper, who apparently has been cooking the books for a while, is out of a job.
For the lazy, here's what he guessed:
* One box of Rice-a-Roni: $5 (actual price is $1)
* One gallon or so of Tide Pods: $10 (actual is $19.97)
* Thing of floss: $4 (actual is $3.78)
* Bag of Totonios Pizza Rolls: $22 then $15 then $8 after prodding from the audience (actual is $8.98)
* 8oz TGIF Artichoke Dip: $6 then $4 after some prodding from the audience (actual is $3.66)
Who buys $4 floss? God damn
Aha! Bill has been paying Hawaiian prices for his groceries. Or arctic circle prices. Either or.
It's one banana, how much could it cost $10?